Almost two years ago now I wrote a blog post about Christopher Maloney, Naturopathic Doctor / Not a Doctor / Quack Extroadinairre who had used non-legal threats towards WordPress to shut down a science bloggers blog after the person dared write a post which rightfully called Christopher Maloney a quack.
At the time, Christopher Maloney was throwing out threats of lawsuits left right and centre, and twisting anything and everything he possibly could to make it falsely look like he was being persecuted. Not long after this, all news on him died off and this was the last the blogosphere heard. This wasn’t the end of his actions though.
It has now become apparent that Christopher Maloney, Quack, N.D. had utilised his wife’s legal services to sue the original blogger. A S.L.A.P.P. suit was filed against Mr Hawkins.
Fortunately, Mr Hawkins approached Ken White for suggestions of good legal defence, and instead got Ken White offering his services Pro Bono.
The case has now concluded, and Christopher Maloney has lost. For the details of what transpired you’re probably best off reading Mr Hawkins’ blog on the topic, and/or that of his lawyer, Ken White.
This is great news, not only another loss for the quacks but mainly for another S.L.A.P.P. suit slapped down.
- Pharyngula: Christopher Maloney is a Quack.
- Pharyngula: Christopher Maloney is still a Quack.
- Pharyngula: Do not harrass the Quacks.
- Pharyngula: Andreas Moritz is a cancer Quack.
- Pharyngula: Why Quacks ought to lie low.
- FTSoS: Christopher Maloney and the lawsuit that almost was.
- PopeHat: Pro Bono victory in a Junk Science SLAPP suitagainst a Science blogger.