As per my previous post, the Shorty Awards are now OPEN for nominations! Time to get voting!
What you need to do:
There’s a few things you need to keep in mind so I’d like to spell them out nice and early if I could.
- Your twitter account MUST be an active one. Any accounts with zero tweets will not be counted, and if too many such accounts are seen voting for someone, that person could end up being disqualified so do NOT create dummy or bot accounts.
- Your nomination/vote MUST have a reason included. Any nominations or votes without a reason will not be counted.
- Create a twitter account and post a few tweets on it. If you’re not sure how to use twitter then following Lucas Randall’s #TAMOz list may be a good place to start.
- Get involved, reply to people, have a conversation.
- Post some nomination tweets in the format of “I nominate (person) for a Shorty Award in (#category) because (reason)” or a shorter version of “#shortyawards (person) #category (reason)”.
- And of course, spread the word on twitter, facebook, blogs, and any other method available to you (even real life!).
You can keep an eye on how things are going here.
Some of my suggestions are:
“I nominate @DrRachie for a Shorty Award in #health because she does such standup work against quacks.”
“I nominate @BastardSheep for a Shorty Award in #NoPants because #NoPants is life!”
“I nominate @BadAstronomer for a Shorty Award in #science because he always brings us such interesting and amazing info.”
“I nominate @GeorgeHrab for a Shorty Award in #entertainment because of his awesome podcast, music and comedy stylings.”
“I nominate @PZMyers for a Shorty Award in #Religion because of his push to use reason instead of it.”
“I nominate @jref for a Shorty Award in #Education because of their promotion of reason in schooling.”
“I nominate @RSPCA for a Shorty Award in #charity because of the awesome work they do for animals.”
“I nominate @nocompulsoryvac for a Shorty Award in #Quacks because of her tireless effort to spread lies about vaccines.”
Of course, you should feel free to nominate who ever you’d like, and remember you actually CAN nominate multiple people in one category.